Friday, August 13, 2010

This morning was a long anticipated day. Beau's first day of preschool. He was super excited to help me pack his lunch box, wear his tennis shoes and of course his baseball cap. He even obliged me by posing for roughly 40 pictures of him. I was completely calm and settled as we pulled into the parking lot and got out of the car, I simply noticed how "big boy" he looked. The tears began to stream and I said, "Beau, you are look like such a big boy." And he said "Mom, does that make you sad?" And I said "Well, a little." And he said, "But Mommie, I will always be your baby." And that's when I lost it...and still do when I think about it. I hugged and said, "You are so right." And this time, Beau really hugged me back. He was so gracious to me today...like he knew he was ready but wasn't sure if I was. I don't know if I'll ever be. I love you Beau Man.












No comments:

Post a Comment